You are writing an Outlook email. Insert, in one click, an invitation to upload files to OneDrive.
OUTLOOK – ONEDRIVE INTEGRATION
Send invitations to upload files to OneDrive from Outlook
You need others to send you very large files? Invite them to do so!
This usage case shows how easy it is to insert invitations to upload files to OneDrive in emails being edited:
- In Outlook, create a new email.
- Click the “Insert invite to upload files” Attach2Cloud button displayed in the email form main button ribbon.
- Complete the invitation dialog and validate it.
- The invitation is inserted at the cursor position.
- Finish your email and send it to your recipients as usual. That’s it!
- Attach2Cloud automatically creates a OneDrive folder for your invitation, shares it with the recipients of your emails and inserts a link to this folder in the email being sent.
- All the recipients of your email have to do is to click on the invitation link to open your OneDrive invitation folder in their browser and drop the files they want to share with you inside.
Demo | Make sure to receive large files from other people
Janet is sending an invitation to upload files to OneDrive to John
Hi, I’m Janet!
Attach2Cloud is installed on my computer. Let me show you how easy it is to ask John to share some files with me in OneDrive.
I just created a new email in Outlook. I click the “Insert invite to upload files” Attach2Cloud button in the Message ribbon…
The Attach2Cloud invitation form is displayed, it allows me to:
- modify the text of the invitation,
- name my invitation OneDrive folder using the current date and / or a text of my choice,
- program the deletion of this folder after n days,
- add this folder to the list of my preferred OneDrive folders (to reuse it to upload files to OneDrive later on),
- set the proper OneDrive permissions to this folder.
I then validate this form…
Attach2Cloud has inserted the invitation to upload files to OneDrive in my email.
As you can see, the text of the invitation is well the text I edited, and the invitation includes the mention of the OneDrive folder expiration date (the date at which this folder will be deleted).
I add few words to my email, sign it and click on Send…
John is receiving the Janet’s invitation email
Hi, I’m John!
Let’s have a look at the email Janet just sent to me:
This seems to be pretty much straightforward. The text of the invitation is self-explanatory.
I click the invitation link…
John opens the Janet’s OneDrive Folder in one click on the invitation link
The OneDrive folder created by Attach2Cloud for the Janet’s invitation (in the Janet’s OneDrive storage space) is opened in my web browser.
I simply have to drag and drop the files requested by Janet inside this folder to share them with her.
Quick and easy!
Attach2Cloud Outlook – OneDrive Integration Benefits
With Attach2Cloud, it has never been so easy to invite colleagues, partners and clients to upload files to OneDrive!
This is particularly convenient when our users need to get large files (too large to be sent by email) from other people.
With Attach2Cloud, not only can we send very large Outlook attached files without any email size limit, but it also allows us to offer other people (inside or outside our organization) the ability to share files of any size with us, even if these people are not OneDrive users!
All this in a few seconds when writing an email, it’s genius!
Attach2cloud by allowing us to send very large files from Outlook (and OneDrive) without any email size limit had already significantly reduced the usage of unsecured external platforms for the exchange of large files.
The new Attach2Cloud version, now allowing us to send invitations to upload files to OneDrive in a couple of clicks when writing our Outlook emails, definitely put an end to Shadow IT.
Attach2Cloud is really the easiest and fastest way to share files on OneDrive. Our Office 365 users have adopted it in a few weeks with no need for user training.
Thanks to Attach2Cloud all of our Office 365 users have started using OneDrive intensively. This is a great help in the adoption of all MS Office 365 features based on the Cloud and requiring the user files to be stored on OneDrive!
More about the Attach2Cloud Outlook – OneDrive Integration Features
- Allow MS Outlook users to interact with Attach2Cloud to choose which attached files to upload to OneDrive, in which OneDrive target folders, set OneDrive permissions and elapsing dates to the Outlook attached files uploaded by Attach2Cloud to OneDrive, on a per file basis.
- Allow MS Outlook users to attach very large files (up to 100 GB (1) per file), exceeding, by far, the Outlook maximum email size limit.
(Attach2Cloud uploads and shares these files on OneDrive and replaces them by attached OneDrive shortcuts when the email is sent).
(1) This 100 GB limit is the maximum allowed size of a OneDrive file.
- Automatically replace all Microsoft Outlook attached files by OneDrive shortcuts when sending your emails. No user interaction is required, all is 100% automatic and transparent.
- Automatic upload of all MS Outlook attached files larger than a given number of MB to OneDrive based on a rule that can be specified and managed centrally or set by the users themselves.(Attach2Cloud charge et partage ces fichiers joints sur OneDrive et les remplace par des raccourcis OneDrive lors de l’envoi du courriel).
- Automatic upload of all MS Outlook attached video files (or any other file types) to OneDrive based on a rule that can be specified and managed centrally or set by the users themselves.(Attach2Cloud charge et partage ces fichiers joints sur OneDrive et les remplace par des raccourcis OneDrive lors de l’envoi du courriel).
Also, please feel free to try Attach2Cloud for yourself by downloading the free, fully functional Attach2Cloud evaluation version.